National $500 College Scholarship
IMPORTANT NOTE: This MyFavoriteTeacher scholarship has been temporarily suspended as of 1/1/2018. The scholarship will resume but at this time there is no established start date.
Education is beyond important as it creates a foundation on which we develop as individuals. Teachers deserve proper acknowledgment for their contributions and dedication to education. The MyFavoriteTeacher Scholarship aims to make students reflect upon the teachers and professors who have had a positive impact on their education. Applicants are also encouraged to share their reflections with the teachers themselves to give them the proper acknowledgement and praise they deserve.
Be sure to also check out the additional student resources at the bottom of the page.
- U.S. citizen at time of application
- 18 years of age or older as of the winner announcement date
- High school senior or currently enrolled college student with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- One $500 scholarship each for both spring and fall semesters.
- Fall Semester: 7/31/2017
- Spring semester: 12/31/2017
Email Submission: Tell us about your favorite teacher.
- In 250 words or less, answer the following questions:
- Who is your favorite teacher?
- Why is he or she your favorite?
- What did he or she do that was particularly memorable or impactful?
- In the email message itself, be sure to include:
- The teacher’s name, school name at which he or she teaches/taught, and location of the school (city & state).
- Your name and the college you are or will be attending
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “MyFavoriteTeacher Scholarship Application”[/two_third]
Improve Your Odds
Since only 100 applicant submissions will be considered for the scholarship, be sure to improve your chances of being selected. Below are several ways to improve your odds:
- Follow on Facebook
- Follow on Twitter
- Make a #MyFavoriteTeacher post on Facebook or Twitter and mention @1on1lessons (Facebook) or @1on1_lessons (Twitter)
- Example: #MyFavoriteTeacher is Mrs. Teachmewell because she told relatable stories to help us understand the subject. @1on1lessons
Winner Selection Process
An overwhelming number of candidates apply for the MyFavoriteTeacher scholarship each semester and therefore a process is in place to narrow to candidates to a reasonable number then a final selection is made after reading the email submissions. A total of 100 applicant entries are selected at random so be sure to read the Improve Your Odds section to increase your chances of being selected.
Winner Announcement Dates:
- Fall semester winner will be notified via email 8/15/2017
- Spring semester winner will be notified via email 1/15/2018
ADDITIONAL STUDENT RESOURCES
Supporting your school is always good but there are better ways than overpaying for textbooks. Use these online sources to compare prices for each of the books you need. If you have never purchased or rented books online before, you will be shocked how much money you can save this way.
Caffeine and Energy Drinks
We get it… there are only so many hours in a day students need any push they can get to keep grinding toward the finish line. Break the habit of paying $3 per can at the gas station or grocery store and start buying smarter. Either buy in bulk or try some alternative sources of caffeine below.
- 4C Energy Rush, 18-Count Boxes (Pack of 3)
- Powder packet (mix with water)
- 80 mg caffeine each
- 54 packets for under $25.00… each drink only cost you $0.40 – $0.50!
- Zipfizz Healthy Energy Drink Mix, Variety Pack, 30 Count
- Powder packet (mix with water)
- 100 mg caffeine each
- 30 packets for under $25.00… making it only $0.83 each!
- Liquid Caffeine
- Liquid (add to any beverage)
- 83 mg caffeine per tsp.
- 32 oz (approx. 200 tsp.) sells for under $22.00… this is only $0.11 each plus the cost of whatever drink you add it to.
- or keep buying the Name Brand cans but save money buying in bulk
Portable Battery Chargers