Best USB Wi-Fi Adapters for Mac
Wi-Fi is everywhere and virtually everything electronic comes with Wi-Fi capabilities built in. However, this does not render USB Wi-Fi adapters obsolete just yet. These USB adapters can bring wireless to machines that lack the built-in capability such as an older desktop computers or iMac. It is also possible for your laptop’s internal Wi-Fi card to malfunction and a good USB Wi-Fi adapter is a great alternative to expensive repairs. Below is a list of trusted USB Wi-Fi adapters that can be used with Mac devices.
- Supports Mac OS, Windows, and Linux
- Dual band adapter supports 802.11n & 802.11ac
- Maximum wireless speed up to 300Mbps on 2.4GHz band or up to 866Mbps on 5GHz band
- Features 64/128 bit WEP, WPA, and WPA2 encryption for high level of security
- Simple installation with provided disk or downloadable driver